Saturday, August 2, 2008

July 27 - Easy 5 POINT 2 miles

This morning came quite quickly as JD and I had 5.2 miles on the schedule. We both woke up pretty "tired" and running was the last thing on our mind. But I wanted to run before I got on the plane and take advantage of any opportunity I had remaining to run with my main man. So, there we were, 8am, cruising the trails of Terry Hershey.

Now, I would have been quite happy running just 5 miles, or less...but 5.2 it was so JD could hit his weekly mileage (Yes - we are ALL Garmin slaves - bow down to your Garmin!). Other than the faint smell of last night's margarita(s) seeping through my pores the run went smoothly (as smoothly as could be expected) and had the following splits:

7:36/7:26/7:28/7:28/7:22 min/mile

Total Weekly Mileage: 57.43 (back on track!)

We followed the run with a little brunch, a little Yahtzee at Inversion Coffee House, and then a little 10 hour plane ride. (2 cool things out of 3 ain't bad!).

Here I could write another few pages of what a great vacation it was and how already miss everybody I had the opportunity to see but I won't. You all saw my smiles and heard my laughter when I was with you - that should about sum it up.

No comments: