Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Aug 18 - 20: Back to Paris!

After a great long weekend in England, I left Jennie behind on the island and came back to Paris (someone has to pay the bills...booooooo!). Ahhh...to be back in the land where people live of stimulants. In England it seems to me that the general population all could be on a rugby team...generally, everyone appeared stalky and rugged -all from good stalk! Now I am back here in Paris, where everyone appears anorexic and super skinny - I think the daily meals consists of a coffee for breakfast, a cigarette for lunch, and sex for dinner!

This week is my last 60 mile week (sucre!). It has been a good start so far - Monday and Tuesday were both easy runs, each one about 8.2 miles long (with an average of 4.5 trannies seen each night!). Tonight was another AWESOME threshold run (note the heavy sarcasm, yet the subtle tone of excitement that I am now done and writing about it!). Todays run was one of those sweet ones where I get to do 2x20 minutes of threshold (again, note heavy sarcasm).

Here is what happened:

2.5 mile warmup (7:33 min/mile)
3.25 miles threshold (5:59, 5:55, 5:54, 1:30 (400m))
2.5 miles (7:24 min/mile)
3.25 miles threshold (6:00, 5:55, 5:53, 1:28 (400m))
1.75 miles cooldown (7:22 min/mile)
As usual, my HR and pace are plotted below. This run felt great throughout, which reminded me - we are now in Phase IV of Jack's training schedule...I guess if I am going to start hitting a groove, now would be the time (Perhaps this is what Jack intended!!).
Keep it real dudes!

No comments: