Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Aug 14 - Aug 17: England: Day 3

So, today is Saturday and it has been 2 full days without running (OMG - how did I survive?!) That is the beauty of low mileage weeks - they totally allow you to take a few days to travel to a new country and to visit with your family without the constant battle of trying to figure out how (and when..oh yeah, and where) you will go for your run. But today (after watching Olympics of course) the family and I headed up to the Wimbledon Commons to get my jog on while the rest of them went for a little walk. We agreed to meet up at a little pond in 45-60 minutes - I decided 45 minutes + stretching would be the best combination of my time. The run went as follows:

7:23/7:25/7:33/7:27/7:21/7:28 min/mile

Here is a satellite image of my route. If you look to the right of my route and in the center of the picture, you will see the world famous Wimbledon Tennis Courts. Those of you with a keen eye, will also notice a 400m track just north of the 'T' shaped lake - but we will see more of that tomorrow (fun, fun!)!


During their walk, the family stumbled upon bushes and bushes of blackberries. I was pleasantly surprised when they arrived at the rendez-vous point with loads and loads of freshly picked blackberries. That is what I call a recovery treat!

Mom and dad flew out tonight - on their way to Eygpt. As usual, the time spent together was much too short, but I am just grateful for having that time together.

No comments: