Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Aug. 24: Guinness Makes You Stronger

So, it was Sunday morning and my schedule called for a 24 mile run. Instead, I decided to run 26.2. I ran it in 3:04:44. The lovely people in Longford, Ireland even decided to give me a medal when I was done! I was quite pleased as the run felt great the entire time and I was able to manage the second half approx. 7-8 minutes faster than the first half. Splits and HR to follow to be included in the race report!

A full 'race' report will follow - just remember that Guiness DOES make you stronger! I am currently in the south of France for training. (And wouldn't you know I managed to plan this training to be located immediately adjacent to a 400m track!!) Speaking of which, JD could you please send me the Q workouts for this week (actually I just need the shorter one)?

Sorry for the quick post - internet time is limited this week...but I am still running!

A+

1 comment:

Adam Stewart said...

ahh, I don't know where you're finding all these tracks! I'm moving into one of the major capitals of the UK and there is only one track and worst of all you have to PAY for it, and it's only affordable if you bring like 20 of your friends!

Nice marathon time.