Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Aug 5 - Chillaxin' in Paris

R.I.P. Paris
Yep, Paris is officially dead. No, no, no, I am not (yet) on my way to Nigeria but since the beginning of August Paris has seemed like a ghost town. The only things that are really open are the major stores and all the bits close to the main tourist attractions. My "go-to" boulangerie (bakery) is closed, which is forcing a new plan of action to get my pain au chocolat and croissants for le petit dejenuer (breakfast). Plus, at work I am the most senior person there this week (if you have any stock in Total, sell now!)...this basically means that my team will cease to exist this time next week and I will be heading home shortly!

So, before I head home I figured I better do as much running as possible in this perfect Parisian weather! (That is not entirely true as I took a much welcomed off-day yesterday). But today I was back at it as I rolled through 9 miles in the lovely Bois de Bolougne. With 2 trannies cheering me on I ran as follows:
7:31/7:22/7:26/7:26/7:27/7:20/7:21/7:14/7:13 min/mile

I am a little bit worried about my next 4 quality workouts as I need to squish them all into a very condensed time schedule. Basically I need to get them all done before next Thursday due to other commitments I have at the end of next week. I think that I have a plan in place to get them all done - I just hope my boss does not mind me sleeping at my desk during the day! (The trick is to keep your mouse in your hand and to put your hand on your knee - your bodies natural vibrations from sleeping will keep your screensaver from turning on, which will give you away for sure!).

I am off to do some French...or perhaps some Wii (I am now a tennis pro!).

Later dudes!
A+

No comments: