Saturday, August 2, 2008

July 31 - Quality Run

For this week I have 2 slightly different choices for quality workouts. It is not like I have a choice of whether or not I want to do one and not the other, because I have to do both - but I do get to choose WHEN I can do each workout! Yay me..so much choice! I have 1 long run and 1 threshold run (that is right - the fun just never stops!)

It seems that “jet lag” always hits me about 3-4 days after long travel. I really would not call it “jet-lag” as I feel that my body responds fairly well to travel but today I was just feeling fatigued and had the same attitude as a teenager (I so do not care about the world right now…maybe later my goth friends and I will start a band…whatever, I don’t care..I’m bored...let's find someone to buy us beer...I'm boycotting prom...whatever).

So, given my general apathy today I decided to run 15 miles instead of the threshold (mentally easier for me). And I was so, like, totally bored the entire time I was running - whatever...like, totally, who cares.

7:30/7:32/7:30/7:30/7:26/7:28/7:26/7:25/7:19/7:22/7:23/7:21/7:18/7:25/7:19 min/mile

Average Pace: 7:24 min/mile

Today I added a new loop around the Hippodrome - loop on the bottom left. This was certainly an effective way to add mileage. Normally cyclists in Paris ride this loop over and over again for their training. It was pretty "fun" to watch people who do not belong in Spandex cruising by me every 3 seconds...yeaaaah (say as though you are Lumberg on Office Space) - not sure I will be incorporating this loop in any future runs!


Now I hate to admit it (because JD laughs at me everytime I do) but I still have some sore bits from ultimate. Nothing to be alarmed about - just my usual ultimate complaints...this is a clear indication that my 30th birthday is starting to sneak up on me... :(

No comments: