Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Aug 14 - Aug 17: England: Day 2

Today my sister had a little day trip planned for us. We were going to the Seven Sisters. If you have heard of the Cliffs of Dover, this is just south and along the coast from there. The Seven Sisters are beautiful rolling hills along the sea that are composed of the same spectacular white chalk formation as the Cliffs of Dover (but without all the hype and tourists!).

We hiked atop the Chalk Cliffs for (I am guessing) 12-13 miles. We picnic-ed and had a few pints along the way. It was a great outing that I got to do with my family - a perfect day does not get molded much differently than this!

I am going to let the day be told by the photos taken along the way....unfortunately Jennie has the camera as she and my sister are currently expoloring Ireland - I will update next week when she gets back!

No comments: