Saturday, August 2, 2008

July 28, 29 - Back to Paris

Something funny happened to me at the Houston airport. While Jennie and I were catching the bus from the rental car agencies to the airport she made the comment, "wow, you got really tanned during our vacation. You look like you could be my Latin Lover!".

Yes, I do tan extemely easily and definitely enjoyed the great weather over the last 2 weeks. So I just replied, "Yeah - I am 'tan Stewy'" (Family Guy reference). Anyhow, shortly after we arrived at the Continental Airlines ticket counter we are greeted by a VERY helpful employee whose job is to make sure that you go and stand in the correct line. I had to do a double take when this little asian lady started speaking spanish to me. She was sooooo excited because she would be able to practise her spanish with me! She must have been a great student because she just went crazy speaking to me! I, obviously, got no help from Jennie because she was crumpled over in a heap from laughing so hard at this (for me) very awkward interaction. Not wanting to be rude, I let the lady go on, and on until I finally said, "I have no idea what you just said." (In retrospect, by letting her go on and on I was being rude...but at the time I was still a little amused and shocked). That is when her coworker started laughing at her and I moved on...no need to give Jennie more ammo to make fun of me with on the 10 hour plane ride! But now I am really curiuos - what country did she think I was from?!

July 28
Just hours after getting off the plane from Houston I, of course, had a very serious question weighing heavily on my mind. It was a question that I was stewing on for the entire plane ride. Within just a few moments I would soon answer my question. My question was, "did the trannies miss me?!"

After a little afternoon nap, I headed out to shake the cobwebs out of my system and to answer this question. I really did not want to run (reoccuring theme for this week) but the problem with a peak mileage week (60 miles) is that it does not matter if you feel like it or not - you better do it! Furthermore, if you are going to head out for a run it better count. All 3 or 4 miles does is screw up your rest day and put a lot of pressure on EVERY other day of the week. I had to make the decision - today would either be a rest day or a REAL day - I could not afford anything inbetween and seeing that I hate starting a peak week with a rest day, I laced up and headed out!

I ran 8 miles in the rain (another reoccuring theme for this week) as follows: 7:36/7:25/7:28/7:25/7:27/7:26/7:13/7:15 min/mile

And to answer my question, I saw 3 trannies all together huddled under an umbrella. And I am pretty sure that only paying customers are the people that they miss!

July 29

My legs are still a little rusty still from all the travel but it was just too nice out not to run. Mentally I am already bored of running this week but I know that is just my travel fatigue speaking. I ran 9.4 miles as follows:
7:20/7:18/7:20/7:25/7:24/7:21/7:19/7:19/7:19 min/mile Tomorrow is a rest day.

As the French would say, "sucre".

Oh yeah - 2 ladies were out in the Bois...are they on vacation too?!

No comments: