Monday, January 26, 2009

The Rest of Houston...

So, basically I spend the rest of my week in Houston visiting family and friends, shopping (arrived with 1.5 bags and left with 5 full bags), and managed just a few 6-8 mile runs around my ol' stomping grounds of the Buffalo Bayou. It is funny - when I was driving around Houston it seemed like YEARS ago since I lived there. It felt like I must have lived there in another life - it was almost like it never happened - everything seemed quite distant and unfamiliar. But as soon as my feet hit that familiar pavement of the Bayou it seemed like only yesterday that I was running this path in the heat and humidity of Houston.

What was NOT distant and unfamiliar were the friends and family that we had the pleasure of seeing. We (regrettably) never took our new camera around with us so we only managed a few pictures outside of the marathon.

Mom, Jennie, and Dad (making sure that his head is not exploding!!)


Jennie and "newly" weds Alex and Jaws


Me and my main man - at our traditional Panera Bread after a cold Saturday morning run. Although it was cold, it is never too cold for the short-shorts!




How lame - despite having the chance to catch up with a lot of our friends, those are the only pictures we have :(
Since returning to Paris (last night) I have managed to do nothing. Tomorrow I will head out to the Bois to get some more Paris miles under my belt.
A+

No comments: