Saturday, January 10, 2009

Jan.10: Bored Yet?

Today I guess I was overly optimistic thinking that perhaps (at least) the inside lane of the track should be clear of ice and snow. I headed to the track hoping that I would be able to take a bite into my first "speed" workout of the season only to find worse ice and snow than my usual trails through the Bois. Seeing that I was already committed to a run at the track but that it was clearly unsuitable for any kind of speed I started off on my first of 48 laps at Easy pace. (For those of you who try to avoid math, that works out to be 12 miles of sweet, sweet, mind-numbing running/skating).

I wanted my long run to be 25% of my total weekly mileage - mission accomplished. To be honest though, I think I would have preferred running it on the dreadmill - at least I would not be slipping all over the place and I could pass the miles away by watching French TV...hmmm, when I put it that way the track does not seem too bad anymore! The run passed dreadfully slow as follows:

7:19, 7:19, 7:17, 7:16, 7:14, 7:15, 7:14, 7:12, 7:11, 7:14, 7:11, 7:15 min/mile

Tomorrow I may make another attempt at doing some speed, but like all my other runs this week, that will be strictly dictated by trail conditions. Also, I find that my legs get just a little extra tenderized by running on this ice so I may forego speed altogether...

A+

No comments: