Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Jan. 7: Slippery Roads

This is exactly the reason I have not run in the last two days...



...the sidewalks in Paris have gotten progressively icier since Monday night. Last night I was planning on heading out while walking home from the Metro station and nearly wiped out, so I decided against in. Back in Calgary, where I grew up, we had a sensible by-law that would fine any person who did not shovel or salt their sidewalks within 24 hours of snowfall...apparently Paris does not have the same!

On an aside...if you listen to the commentary on the above video you will hear some of the dumbest live tv coverage ever.
1. Clearly those two ass-clowns have never run a marathon...all they are good at doing is running off at the mouth.
2. Don't you love how they talk you through the replay over and over again? "And here you see him, raising his hands (to signal his victory), then he slips on the mat..." If people get paid for this "quality" of work, then I should change professions.
3. But my favorite bit is, "but did he cross the line?"

Now on to the race director.."he probably only has a mild concussion...he is fine". Seriously?

Oops, my bad...I made the mistake of looking around for some more dumb running commentary I came across this...

...those 10 seconds of silence even made me feel uncomfortable...I had to break eye contact with my computer and silently humm something to myself whilst looking down at my shoes to confirm that they were still tied...

Tonight I had my usual 1 hour of Pilates...for those actually interested in a workout update!

A+

No comments: