Thursday, January 29, 2009

Jan.29: Off the Fence

For the last 2 months I have been sitting on the fence as to what kind of marathon I want Prague to be. By that I mean I have been debating in my mind whether or not I want "to go for it" and try to PR again, or if I want treat it as a destination marathon and just be "happy for the experience" in a new city. I have finally decided NOT to pursue a PR at Prague, opting instead to devote some of my would-be training time back to my first love - cycling. Now running has certainly been a home-wrecker the last 3 years but perhaps now I can have all my fantasies come true with a menage a trois...no?!

I have booked off 1.5 weeks to cycle in the Alps and watch the Tour de France in July. I am a huge fan of the tour and I am so excited to get the opportunity to see it as a cyclist, up close and in person! Also, we are quite keen to take a lot of little weekend getaways when the spring rolls around that would really interfer with the heavy and intense training schedule that a goal marathon demands. These getaways will still be very active, but they will be no match for the intensity level of a solid Jack Daniel's track-long-track workout that is for sure! I plan to keep running, but I will be incorporating more cross-training, spinning, and actual cycling in the weeks ahead.

That being said, I ran 5.5 miles tonight at a 7:31 min/mile pace. I am quite sure that Jennie inserted 10 pound lead inserts into my running shoes as it felt like my feet were just dragging.

After my last post, my main man The Koz sent me the following link. I completely forgot about it until he sent it. Hilarious!! Thanks man!

Tomorrow we are off to London to see Les Miserables and for a Super Bowl party! "Super bowl," you ask, "in London?" Why yes, my sister and brother-in-law got a feed for the game - I believe kick-off is 11pm on Sunday night! I am not really a football fan and, infact, I just had to google who was actually playing in the game (Steelers vs. the Cardinals (but aren't they a baseball team?!)), but the novelty of having a Superbowl party in London at midnight is just too good to pass up!

A+

2 comments:

Steeeve said...

My running took a step forward when I started pursuing multisport. Same could happen to you.

Sonia said...

Very cool to be down to see and enjoy the Tour de France!! And Lance will be back ;-)

Hope you're enjoying the game. It'S not super exciting but the score is close. The end of the first half was pretty cool though!