Sunday, June 1, 2008

le premier Juin

First, I need to give a well-deserved shoutout to my main man The K. for setting a new 5km PR in the Impact a Hero 5km. Now Scotty, I really like those splits. I love how you started with no fear, and (presumabably) knocked all the little children out of your way as their parents were trying to get that perfect photo of them on the starting line. Then I like how you maintained and finished with the standard The K. finish (I might add that this finish is identical in nature to Ryan D's finish...he does it for the girls though, I guess the Texan cheerleaders were there?!) Just to keep you motivated though, and hungry for that next PR, I just need to let you know (actually, Jennie wants you to know) that Jennie still has a faster 5km PR... ;)

Also, I need to address your comment Andrew. You made it sound like I was going to try to secretly bail out of today's long run. Well, I did not bail - I laid out 12.2 miles in the sun and near perfect conditions (again) in Paris. Even to get myself extra pumped I got on Itunes and downloaded some new sweet, sweet tunes to keep me juiced throughout. The run started with some new Brittany and ended with Rob Zombie...with that kind of motivation, my splits were a little faster than intended, but oh well!

7:21/7:17/7:21/7:22/7:16/7:19/7:14/7:16/7:17/7:14/7:04/7:01 min/mile
Average Pace: 7:16 min/mile

Here is the lovely Bois de Boulogne as well - see, you can run for miles in here and barely repeat a step! Also if you notice the island in the River Seine, that is called Isle de Neilly and that is where there is a 400m track for the track sessions.




Also, I am very excited to say, that I broke the 50 mile mark for the first time since early 2008. My total weekly mileage is 50.37! I am still not feeling 'great' about my running, but each run gives me a little glimpse back to the old David!

Last night, Jennie and I went to an Argentinian Party. It was really cool and extremely authentic as it was being hosted by, you guessed it, Argentinians! My highlight was, of course, the food. They had these delicious little pizza pocket looking things called 'empinadas'. These are little pastry pockets filled with hamburger and loads of garlic. I enjoyed them so much I decided not to brush my teeth when I got home so that I could enjoy their sweet, sultry flavor all day today as well. Yummy!

One thing I do not understand though, and I think it must be a "lost in translation" thing, but why are the Europeans so bad at coordinating events, disseminating pertinant information required for the success of the event, and providing useful knowledge that could potentially reduce large amounts of frustration? This question was first asked when I went biking with JKD and Michelle. The place we rented the bikes from was out in the middle of nowhere where public transit was not available and the "taxi's" were family cars that may or may not be available depending on whether or not "Jimmy" needs to go to town or not. Again, last night, we all agree to meet to get to this place way out in the 'burb's together. The journey required walking, train, and bus. Jennie and I decide to leave at a respectable midnight from the party but the bus stopped running at 9:30. Now, this would be classified as "useful information" when making plans to attend this party. Lucky for us, someone else from the party picked us up in their car and drove us home. Otherwise, I think Jennie and I would still be walking...anyhow...

To finish the day, Jennie and I went for a walk in Parc Monceau (close to our place) then went for beer and ice cream! If you chased each swig of beer with a spoonful of ice cream you could secretly enjoy your own little beer float without having to actually see how disgusting those two things combined would propably look, and hence lose your appitite and motivation to combine two great things into one!

Oh yeah, Michelle, Jennie and I are done the second season of Weeds...season 3 is on sale this week. We cannot wait...Jon - be expecting a package from Amazon shortly...and seriously, I will need you to send that over here ASAP!! I will talk more about this subject later..but good stuff! (And by good stuff, I mean seriously twisted, how the heck did the storyline ever get here? kind of stuff)!

Later Dudes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As they say - "knowledge is power" and lack of knowledge leaves you stranded without a cab for almost an hour...or, standing on a curb wiating for a bus. It's all about what you know and when you don't know it - you're SOL and totally powerless!

Here's to learning more useful information Bud...