Monday, June 23, 2008

Multiple Choice

Ok gentlemen, I have a multiple choice question for you.

If you are chillaxin' on a Sunday night at your crib and your wife comes up to you and asks, "Hey honey, do you want to have some fun with me tonight?" what is the correct answer?

1. Hell's ya babe! (because this question can only mean one thing...right?!)
2. Naw, I am pretty comfortable here. Besides, I was thinking of clipping my toe nails later (now this will gaurantee that choice #1 will NOT be available in the future for a very long time)
3. Sure honey, what do you have in mind? (This is a fairly safe bet, which does not really match my personality)

Yesterday I was faced with the above scenario and, of course, chose option #1. And here I am 15 minutes later, "happy" as a pig in mud!



To prevent this happening to you gentlemen I think I have come up with an answer key. Choose answer #1 if you are a newly wed, dating, or married and the kids are out of the house. Choose option #2 if you have been married for 10+ years and it is NOT an anniversary, birthday, or Christmas. Choose option #3 if you ever get your face covered in mud on a Sunday night and you have now learned a valuable lesson!

Today, feeling fresh and revived from all of the toxins lifted out of my pores by this "miracle, wonder, deep-sea mud" I ran 9 miles in the Bois de Boulogne at an average pace of ~ 7:05 min/mile. Garmin was being fussy again today but I believe that the overall pace is ~ correct. I also believe that the 8 trannys I saw today noticed my new toxin-free face...or maybe it was just my short, shorts?!

With ~ 2 miles left to go, I was running along the pathway and I noticed a bike tire come up on my left. Instead of passing me, the tire just stayed there. So, I looked over and there was a middle-aged French man yelling to me, "Quatorze kilometre par hour, quatorze kilometre par hour!!", (14km/hr= 6:51 min/mile pace) with a big smile on his face. Then he said enthusiastically, "Tres bien!" and then rode away. It made me laugh! But it also made me reconsider the value of my Garmin. It often has great difficulty getting calibrated in Paris and now it seems that I can just have people along the path shout out my pace as I am running...perfect! Anybody need a "slightly used" Garmin?!

ps - JD, I may push my quality workout to Thursday of this week. All day today I have been feeling sick...I will play it by ear.

A+

4 comments:

Steeeve said...

Here's mud in your eye.

Anonymous said...

Heh Bud - You look more like a VERY "scared pig in the mud"....or, should I say a VERY scared green faced "Blue-Man".... :)

Gaslight ;-) said...

That was some tricky math.
It's funny, we run a 25K, but remeber our pace per mile.
The US can never convert to metric- no one will know how fast to run!

Karoline said...

You know, at that pace you will be able to finish the Paris marathon, go home, take an ice bath, have a nice mud mask, freshen up and meet us at the (hopefully) finish line and help us limp to the after party!