Saturday, June 7, 2008

Weeds

I cannot tell you how excited I am right now - no more than 2 hours ago we went to Virgin superstore on the Champs and purchased an imported copy of Weeds: Season 3! This post will be short because we are just about to pop it in!

Since moving to Paris, I have found that one of the best ways to relax is by watching DVD's of some of my favorite TV shows. Sometimes I find it hard to relax by coming home and watching French TV and the only english TV we get is CNN and SkyNEWS (another European news station). For awhile I was hooked on the French MTV station because they would show the same really stupid reality shows that we are used to in the States but it would be dubbed over in French. The english in the background was still loud enough so that I could follow the show. But this meant watching such quality things as My Super Sweet 16, Run's House, JackAss, Eliminated, Date my Mom, among other various brain-rotting shows. But even this soon grew old - the best way to relax is definitely with TV series DVD's. You do not have to commit to a 1.5 - 2.5 hour session as you would have to with a movie and one show can typically be watched over dinner, which allows me to accomplish other things during the evening.

So, back to Weeds - Michelle has got me hooked on this series. For those of you who watch this series regurlarily for the past 3 seasons, please do not spoil it for me. I was so hooked on season 2 that I watched it all in one week! And the way the season ended...are you kidding me?!! There are so many story lines left dangling. I am glad that I just discovered this series or it would have killed me to have had to wait in the off-season for some closure!

For those of you who have not watched it, get on Netflix, get the first season, and thank me later!

I ran 6.25 miles in the Bois de Boulogne this afternoon. It was a really easy pace and I felt comfortable the entire time. The bottom of my right foot is a little sore, which is weird. I have never had foot issues. I hope that this is not something that will stay around for awhile. I really made an effort to keep to Jack Daniel's Easy pace because I am very scared about tomorrow's threshold run. I am hoping to have some moderately fresh legs for the effort tomorrow. Todays run was as follows:
7:24/7:27/7:25/7:24/7:22/7:22 min/mile

Ok - time to stop the suspense and watch Weeds! Later!

2 comments:

Pony and Petey said...

WAY.
COOL.
BEANS.

Dude!! I didn't know you'd started a blog! Faithy was the one who tipped me off...

AWESOME!!!!!

Hey, the word verification is "nwybi"...get it? As in, you're a newbi to blogging?? hahahaha

Anonymous said...

And to think your WEEDS "intensity" all started at the Oxfam charity shop up the hill. I stumbled across the DVD (thrilled it was the right region) paid my 2.50 to charity and was on my way! Two seasons Iater and I've unleased an obsessed "gotta watch it all in one week" fan...

Meanwhile - I'm stuck back wondering what will become of the "new" business decision....hmmm?

Mailman bring me a treat.... :)