Friday, June 20, 2008

Bricka Bricka

I only got 4 minutes,
Bricka, Bricka,
4 minutes,
Bricka, Bricka,
to write this post.

If you do not understand this post so far, you need to go to iTunes and check out JT and Madonna's latest hit. I honestly think that the Bricka, Bricka is one of the finest additions to any of the modern pop songs today. Don't ask me why, but I find myself running and instead of my usual running mantra all that is going through my head is bricka, bricka. And it even has transferred into my everyday dialogue...instead of the saying the usual words to bridge your sentences or thoughts such as ummmm, so, you know, etc...I am saying bricka, bricka. It is ok though - the French don't understand me anyhow, so it is not like I am hurting the conversation at all! A conversation these days may go something like this:

Coworker: Dave, how was your night last night?
Me: Really good...bricka, bricka...I did a track workout at the Isle de Neuilly...bricka, bricka...then I went to an Italian restaurant....bricka, bricka...see you later!

Basically what I am saying is this: I need a new song to download onto my iPod before my long run this weekend because I am...bricka, bricka...going insane here!

Ok, that has been more than four minutes and I got plans tonight. What you ask? Well Jennie bought a second controller for our Wii today - that means we are going to box each other for the heavyweight title of the world tonight. I have some pre-fight interviews and I got to get Micky to tape up my nuckles. Given the time difference, those of you in Houston will probably be able to catch me on ESPN's top 10 most outrageous plays tonight...I am predicting a KO in round one.

Oh yeah - I did 8 miles tonight. They were slow, uneventful, and along my usual route with two tranny's getting an early start to their weekend.

ps - Yes...we did get a Wii last weekend - I just have not had time to write about it. Stay tuned, I am hoping to get some videos uploaded to show you what a fool I look like on that thing. It is wicked fun though - I highly recommend it!

Bricka, bricka

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There were no round 1 KO's, but I was knocked out. Not before I got a piece of you and dropped you to your knees a couple of times. How about our golf game, not only can I beat you on the Wii, but also on the REAL course :)

Anonymous said...

I can only find 4 minutes on iTunes. I must hear this song you speak of. Are you sure bricka bricka that that is the name bricka bricka of it?

Anonymous said...

oh wait...4 minutes IS the song...

Gaslight ;-) said...

I just watched it on You Tube. Best use of a treadmill since OKGo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9Ch5LTJhS0