Monday, June 30, 2008

Beer-thiry...

Well, I really do not have too much time to recap my day (because we all know that Monday's are usually "action packed" and full of adrenaline after the weekend) because I actually got a load of French homework that I have to do. I have been a bad student and have yet to open my book from my last class. So here I am, like the guy that finally flosses his teeth the night before his dental check-up in an feeble attempt to fool the dentist that he has been a "regular" flosser. I do not know about you, but the amount that my dentist costs, he better be able to figure something like that out! If not, he is waaay overpaid. (Ok, he is anyhow, but you get my point...and, for the record, I do floss everynight!).


Today starts a 0.7x(peak mileage) week = 42 miles. Today I ran 7.5 easy miles while "enjoying" the company of the 7.5 trannys out there (I really was not sure on one...it was either a really handsome girl or a very pretty boy, so we will count that as 1/2!). The run went as follows:

7:25/7:21/7:23/7:20/7:24/7:21/7:19/7:19 (last 0.5) min/mile

Average Pace = 7:22 min/mile

My quads were quite sore out there today. Nothing to be alarmed about - they basically feel like they would on the 3rd day of a ski-trip with the boys. I am also starting to run on some flat-tires here as well. I am trying to stretch out my last 2 pairs of shoes until I get back to Houston so I can stock-up. Sure, I could buy a pair of equivalent shoes here for 140 euros but after paying for my hair cut it will be nothing but Ramen Noodles for me for the next little while!

Tomorrow is my off day AND Canada Day. What luck! This means that directly after work Jennie and I are going out on the town for some Labatt's (if we can find it), but I will SETTLE for Molson's. Most people tend to think that Molson's Canadian is our beer of choice. That is the same as thinking that Foster's is the Australian's beer of choice. But for whatever reason, somewhere along the way our countries have been branded with a crap beer as our "namesake" beer. Well, it could be worse...it could be Budweiser - that would really suck!

On the topic of beer, I have to give props to the Koza because he has always been in-tune with Labatt's since I met him...well done! And wouldn't you know that Pam Anderson was discovered as a Labatt's girl?!


Now stop reading this, go chop some wood, grap a cold one and start growing your mullet, eh?!

ps - With the amount of puttering around I have done since I started writing this blog, French is just not going to happen...merde!

A+

No comments: