Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Vegas 21

Tonight after work Jennie met me up at La Defense (where I spent most of my glorious hours here in Paris) where we had a quick bite to eat before we went and saw 'Vegas 21'. This is the second movie that we have seen in Paris since our arrival back in March. The first movie we saw was 'There Will be Blood' (Superb!!). Now, you might ask, "Isn't the movie in French? Do you see the actors mouth moving but nothing being said (just like in any classic Kung-fu movie)?" Well, you have to look at the movie poster outside the theatre to be sure. If there is a 'VO' by the title it means 'Version Originale'; if there is a 'VF', it means 'Version Francais'. We, of course, opted for the 'VO' version!

Back to the movie - it was really good. It was a movie is 'inspired from true events' (but I have a feeling that much of it has been Hollywood-ized. It is based on a bunch of MIT nerds who use their nerdy skillz to defy "the man" but soon get in over their heads when they forget their nerdy roots and begin acting like someone that they are not. Eventually their shinanagans catches up with them but the school of hard-knocks forces them see things clearly again at the end! So, same general theme as many movies but with a different location, different actors, and slightly different edgy twists to justify the producer's salary. Indeed entertaining, but if you are looking for something to eventually add to your DVD collection, stick with Their Will be Blood! But if you are looking for something to help you forget that you are in a foreign country where you barely understand the language being spoken around you most of the time then this movie will provide the perfect distraction for you!

This morning I started the day off right with an hour session of Pilates. I have been doing this 2x a week for the past 3 weeks or so now and I am really starting to enjoy it. The classes are going a lot more smoothly for me and they are really make me work! This morning I wish I had my lifting belt handy for all my exercises involving air weights!! (Please note my typical sarcasm, but seriously - who knew that 'air weights' could be so hard!) With each lesson I am getting a better vision and appreciation for Pilates! I am really enjoying this new aspect of my training! My legs were shaking afterwards when I tried to walk up the Metro stairs!

Tomorrow I have my next speed work. As I type this, I am sure that Andrew and Scott are just getting prepared for it...I look forward to your report fellas! I, however, am not looking forward to actually running the repeats myself.

No comments: