Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Habit Forming?

When I first started this blog my sister was highly supportive (and still is) and was super excited for me to "get into the habit" of writing my blog everyday. She reminded me that anything done for 21 consecutive days is habit forming. She proceeded to tell me it will get so I "just have to" write my blog and that I won't feel like my day is complete, or full, until I have fed my newly-formed habit of blog writing. At the time of this conversation I thought to myself, "Durn, that sucks - I do not want to be held prisoner by my computer everyday....well other than my usual "google-research", email, and other projects I have on here!"

So, this being my 21st day, I have decided NOT to blog. I would hate to become trapped in a world of which, after the 21st day, there will be no escape.

Oh, oh...wait a second...I guess this does count as a blog. I've just had one of those moments where in a crowded room you are have to ask yourself, "Did I just say that or think that?" but after realizing that everyone is looking at you with a look of contempt and disgust you, infact, "said it!"

At any rate, for better or for worse, it looks like I am committed! So, on that note I should mention that Pilates did not happen today as my instructor was late and there will be no running today as it is my off-day. Although I wish I was running tonight as it is absolutely beautiful out! Instead, I am going to my favorite restaurant (so far) San Remo in Paris for some Lasagna! They have some tables outside so I can still enjoy the weather with some nice wine.

Scotty - did you hit the track tonight?
A+

2 comments:

Koza said...

So heres a quick wrapup of the Koza weekend....

I played golf Friday afternoon, had an okay round going till the back 9 where I seemed to catch fire. I wound up shooting 2 over par - 38, which is my best 9 holes in Houston. I could easily have shot par but a birdie putt just missed and I had a 3 putt on 18 - missing the eagle and birdie putts after my best shot ever in golf!

After getting back from golf I felt a head cold coming on. The run Sat night wasnt going too badly despite this fact in the begining. I did the 2 mi warm up and then was doing some great 7:33s for 5 min with jogging for 1 min. My mistake was stopping to get some water after repeat number 4 where a head rush and exhaustion kicking in. I didnt get the 60 min in after that. I took Sunday off as I felt even worse with the cold. Monday night I managed 7.5 mi of easy running, was feeling a bit better.

Sadly I was relegated to the treadmill tonight for my "track" workout. Given the great conditions and lack of usual 25 mph headwind, I completed 5x1200m with relative easy for a total of 9 mi. It was rather amusing at one point when a good old Houston thunderstorm blew in and I was unsure if the wind was blowing sheets of rain against the windows or I was suffering from running to hard on a treadmill with a head cold!

As Im surely rambling by now, good luck with the intervals in the great Paris conditions.

Anonymous said...

If 21 days in a row forms a habit then that other thing you have been doing for 20 years must really be a habit, but at least you have a really strong grip now.