Monday, June 23, 2008

10 Reasons

I took today off from running (which is normal) but I also cancelled pilates just to give myself a chance to be well rested for this, the most intense week of Phase II training in Jack Daniel's schedule. With this additional time I would like to address Pony's "Top Ten" list that she is compiling for Stridelines. (Pony, if you are reading this, consider this blog entry my submission!)

The Top 10 Reasons I Run:

10. Where else can I wear short-shorts and NOT have my masculinity questioned?
9. If I stumble upon a bear in the wild, I WILL not be the slowest person in the group! Maybe this means I am not really a team player, but running really is not a team sport now is it?! This takes me to item #8...
8. If it's to be, it's up to me.
7. A running high is best chased by a sweet, sweet beer buzz.
6. I never feel like I get a good workout unless my nipples are really tender in the shower afterwards - running is the only thing that does that for me!
5. The Wii was not invented before I started running and now I am sort of commited.
4. What else would I blog about? (Other than bathroom humour and wierd French people?!)
3. I love seeing the look on my buddy's face just after he has beaten me in a race but since I am in an less-competitive age group I get hardware and he does not!! (sorry Andrew!!)
2. I prefer the taste of Gu on my toast over peanut-butter anyday.

And, the #1 reason I run is:

1. For the running club drama!!

There you have it! These are the 10 things that get me out of the door every morning!

On another note, I just finished watching my very first DVD purchase here in France, which was "Je suis une legend" (I am Legend). I can recall hearing and even reading in certain people blogs that this movie was "5 out of 5 stars" and it is a "must see". Hmmmm...if, infact, I was ever in a similar situation as Will Smith was in this movie and this movie was the only form of entertainment I had to occupy my time, I am still not sure that I would watch it again. This movie was just like Cast Away, but instead of "Wilson", there was a dog and instead of being on a deserted island, you were in New York, and instead of coming back to find out that his wife was remarried he decides that a butterfly tattoo is reason enough to kill himself. I would advise that you delete this movie from your NetFlix cue and stare at the wall for 2 hours instead.

I also want to thank Steeeeeve for educating me on a phrase I have never heard before:

Here's mud in your eye! (old-fashioned) - something that you say in order to wish success or happiness to someone who is drinking with you.

I will have to save that one for an opportune time!

ps- JD - NOT going to do track tomorrow - still feeling sick. Postponing (NOT cancelling) until Thursday night. Hopefully things will turn around in time for a good workout then.

A+

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you really sick or is that just the feeling you get when thinking about the sweet interval workout coming up?!

I have been sore all week. That might have something to do with the hill running, kayaking, hiking, and 2 run Sunday (I did 10.5 Sunday evening for a weekly total of 51) from last week. I may take my off day tomorrow if I am still fatigued.

How nice of you not to mention the races you got hardware in AND beat me! Fortunately, I chased you out of Houston before you entered my age group.

I think Scott was planning his interval workout tonight. We should see a report from him tomorrow?