Monday, June 2, 2008

Daisy Fresh

I was a little bit worried after last week's running and yesterday's 'long' run that my body might be a little tired today. I was a little bit more worried when I found myself eating snot sandwiches last night for a midnight snack. No, I am not getting sick - it's my allergies. I am been finding my breathing a little difficult this past week but normally a nice farmer's blow, or snot-rocket is all I need to keep those aveoli clear and capable of doing their job!

Anyhow, I took off after work today and decided to just go by feel and not look at my watch. I was feeling great out there and my legs and (more importantly my mind) were feeling 'daisy fresh'. The miles were just clicking away when I realized I was going a little faster than Jack would recommend. I ran 8.5 miles at the following paces:

7:26/7:17/7:17/7:17/7:11/7:02/7:16/7:09/7:23 (last 0.5) min/mile
AVG. PACE: 7:15 min/mile

It was at mile 6 where I finally took a look at my pace and tried for the rest of the run to back-off. It is hard for me to slow down and run a 'true' (according to my VDOT) easy run because my legs are feeling relatively fresh and the training is just beginning. I am sure after this weeks speed and threshold sessions I will have no issues getting back to a 7:30 avg. pace! Andrew, I need you here to run with to help me keep tabs on these kinds of things! More importantly, I will definitely need you on Wednesday for my next interval workout.

Tomorrow is my off day. I will be swapping my running for my Pilates class instead. So instead of burning by trannys in the park I will be spending my time doing such things as the 'elephant', the 'cobra', and the 'plow' pose while barefoot and in spandex...how Euro! (Also, in trying to keep this post PG, please refrain from the very obvious comments that could be made by anything stated or insinuated in this paragraph!) That being said - I saw 3 'ladies' out tonight!
Tranny Total: 15

Well, it looks like Jennie is almost done cleaning up after dinner, so I can stop pretending that I am actually doing work and get on with my day now!

Later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the real question is - does your wooly sweater make an appearance in the pilates class...or do you opt for something a little cooler that doesn't clash (or - should i say compete) with the euro spandex....

happy stretching dude....

Koza said...

Dave, thanks for the great shout out on the 5K. Sadly there were no Texan cheerleaders at the race, but some wives and girlfriends were around. And have no fear, Jennies 5K will be crushed this fall! In fact, I think Andrew needs to step up his training to avoid defeat.

Sadly the past two days ive fallen victim to the Minken excuse of being too busy with life. Yesterday I played in the golf tournament for the Impact a Hero, and 5-6 hours in the sun really took its toll despite drinking tons of water. We played with former Houston Rocket Robert Reed and Channel 11 anchor Greg Hurst. Golf was definitely second priority to having a great time on the course.

Sunday started our sand volleyball league at night. I definitely need to incorporate some jumping into my running workouts, although I did get a key block on a spike in the late minutes of a game. I think I need to start a new tracker: # of targets/tramp stamps witnessed. So far that is 1.

So Im definitely looking forward to Andrew getting me back on track with an interval workout in wonderful Houston conditions.

Keep it real...