Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Happy Canada Day!

I celebrated Canada today at the Great Canadian Pub here in Paris. I am not sure that you are entitled to call yourself "great" if you only have 3 Canadian beers available, but seeing that is all I really wanted, it was a great night indeed! Here I am sampling the tasty hops.

Sleeman's Honey Brown...this seems to be one of the most common Canadian beers I find internationally. No worries though - it has always been a favorite of mine.


Molson's Golden...this one is not so much about the beer as it is about the Mountie in a Hockey Jersey in the background. (Durn, I also notice that I have a few hairs out of place...I thought my haircut came with insurance against this kind of thing?!)


Moosehead. This beer comes from the east coast...how come the Rockies never get fair representation on the international circuit? If so, that would be a sweet, sweet Kokanee Gold in my hand and there would probably be 5 or 6 more pictures!


The way that this photo is taken, Canada is just beyond the horizon, but the damn Eiffel Tower is in the way (lower left).


I will see you at the track tomorrow!

A+

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY CANADA DAY DAVY! Glad to see you brought the blue moose to the party...way to represent man... :)

Pony and Petey said...

Dude...I thought of you and Jennie when I turned the calendar to the new month. Glad to hear ya'll got some celebrating in!

As to the haircut, surely Jennie can do a better job than that and for MUCH cheaper. It might take a few times cutting it to "learn" but it'll be worth it in cost-savings!

Minken said...

Jennie can "learn" elsewhere! :)