Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Monday, July 21 - Hanging with the neice and nephew

Today was a special day as I got to spend a little bit more time with my neice, Julie, and nephew, Carter. I had never met Julie until this trip - I was really looking forward to it. The last time I saw Carter he had just learned to walk. Well, he can definitely walk now! I could go on and on about how much I enjoyed these 2, but if you have ever been around little one's like this I do not think that I have to...it should be self-explanatory!


Spent the afternoon with dad at the Okotoks DAWG's game. It was so hot 'n sunny that an old guy passed out standing up behind us. All that I can say is that he is durn lucky that there was a recycle bin directly infront of him to break his fall. (I know those of you in Houston are asking yourself, "What is a recycle bin?") .

Oh yeah...I started running again today!! I almost forgot to even write about it! After last week's dismal 20 miles I knew that I had to hit the workouts again or start kissing my Berlin goals goodbye. I do not mind missing 1 week of training when it is active and spent with awesome people, but 2 weeks and I risk the chance of Koza heckling me from the finish line!

I ran 8.18 miles at an average pace of 7:20 min/mile. To be honest I hated every single second of it. I ran in Calgary's Fish Creek Park (the largest urban park in Canada) and was surprised to see that they did not have the same tranny tolerance as the French...perhaps I have been overseas too long?!!

Keepin' it real...

1 comment:

Pony and Petey said...

Wow...I can't believe I ran more than the Mighty Minken for this week!!

What a great vacation ya'll are having = ) I'm lovin' the pics!