Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Let's get ready to RUMMMBBBBBBLLLLLLLLLE!

Today was supposed to be my last interval workout on the track BUT (yes, delaying my Quality workouts is starting to get old) it has been raining all day so I decided to push the workout to tomorrow night. No, I do not have a problem with running in the rain. In fact, I prefer it because it feels so energizing and revigorating...it makes you feel alive (or dead, if it is lightening storm). Normally after our my track workout, Jennie and I picnic in the park along the Seine and enjoy the night. It is the one time every week where I truely feel like a true Parisian because I stink (from the workout) and I am eating a baguette on a bench in the park. Unfortunately, that would not be a possibility tonight, so we hope that tomorrow is more favorable (but it does not look good right now...supposed to be more rain).

The decision to cancel the workout also turned out to be a good one because we had a last-minute champagne celebration this afternoon at work. I have not compared nutritional labels yet, but I am pretty sure that 3 glasses of champagne will not prepare me for my workout as much as a sports drink...plus, instead of doing 1400m repeats I am sure it will be more like 1700m repeats since I would be "running" from side-to-side as well!

Tonight was a pretty uneventful 9 miles through the Bois de Boulogne as follows:
7:20/7:26/7:22/7:23/7:29/7:24/7:23/7:26/7:23 min/mile
Average Pace: 7:24 min/mile

Only 1 tranny to report today. I think the rest were "busy".

I am really hoping that I will be able to take 2 days off this week and still hit my miles. Whenever I have the opportunity, I try to make a few deposits into the mile bank, hence the 9 tonight.

My crosstraining for today is going to be dropping Jennie like a sack of potatoes on the Wii Boxing game!! I think I hear the announcer now...(read title)

A+

No comments: