Tuesday, July 29, 2008

July 24 - Back to Houston - Bittersweet

Today we woke up early and boarded the plane to hang with our buds in Houston. I find days like today are always bittersweet. It was very sad to be leaving my parents (AGAIN) as I continue to try and forge my own path through this world. Sadly my path has taken me to the opposite side of the world and it does not look like there is an off-ramp in site any time soon. But as I leave I am also very excited to go rejoin my awesome friends in Houston and return back to my live in Paris. To be honest, I just wish days like today did not exist - I wish I could just quantum leap from one person/place to another.

It was not quite a quantum leap but as soon as I arrived in Houston I was dreading the run that I promised with my main man JD. Again, this was another bittersweet moment. I was really excited that I got to run with JD again - it is something that I miss daily here in Paris - but the rain associated with Hurricane Dolly was incredible!! I just did not have the energy to go splashing around the Houston puddles today!

No worries, after waiting for the storm(s) to pass over, we hit George Bush Park for 7 easy miles. It was great! We had the pathway was all to ourselves unless, of course, you count the snake we saw on the pathway. Thankfully my eyes are still trained for that characteristic 'S' shape coiled up on the pathway and disaster was diverted. I have learned not to trust JD when it comes to snakes on the pathway, so I am glad that I saw this one!! (Long story, which I am sure he is tired of me telling everyone!!)

We followed the run with a little dinner at the Red Onion Grill. I had the Chicken Brazil and it was AWESOME! I have never been here before, but I highly recommend it!

No comments: