Tuesday, July 29, 2008

July 23 - Keepin' it Real Part II

Seeing that today is the 3rd day in a row of running after my brief hiatus I figured it was time that I hit a quality workout. I will spare you the details but my workout was supposed to be really hard for really long periods of time...all I could manage was really hard for really short periods of time with really long breaks! The McDonald's slogan expression on the pictures below should about sum it up (I'm lovin' it!).


I have to give props to mom for taking this near perfect running photo. I have a nearly full stride, both feet are off the ground, and it is centered. Hmmm...it also appears that I am definitely a heal-striker!

Maybe I should focus more on running and less on the camera?!

Jennie and I "racing". It almost looks like we are holding hands!

Mom and I "racing"...I cannot believe that she is beating me!! Well, I guess I can - she ran a 32 minute debut 5 km this year!


So, if you are a hard core reader wondering, "where are the usual quality workout plots and analysis?" Well, let's just say I tasted bacon the whole time (from breakfast 1.5 hours earlier), my mind was totally elsewhere, and I did all I could to keep breakfast in its place. I still managed 5.25 miles of threshold (10.11 miles total) and some serious heartburn though! I should also mention that I lost 3 pounds during the course of this workout. This was a good reminder for me that although I am on vacation I still need to be diligent about hydration.

Time for my next favorite Canadian treat - Tom's House of Pizza!

Later!

No comments: