Thursday, July 3, 2008

7:26

Well, I am either a broken record, stuck tape, skipping cd, or an Ipod stuck on song repeat (depending on which era you choose to associate yourself with) because all of my posts this week are starting the same way..."I was going to do my Quality workout tonight, BUT....". Tonight we had another storm blow through and the track workout was, once again, postponed until tomorrow night. I am not that stressed about it - what else do I have to do on a Friday night?! (Actually some friends I know are in from Calgary and want to go out and celebrate the start of the Calgary Stampede tomorrow - the greatest outdoor show on earth...they will just have to wait until after the workout!)

Today I set off to do some easy miles in the Bois de Boulogne. I ran by heart-rate today (the goal was to keep my heart rate below 130bpm for as long as I could). Thanks to a few well placed traffic lights, I did! But since I was not watching my pace so closely I was quite surprised to see the final splits:
7:26/7:26/7:26/7:26/7:25/7:26/7:26 min/mile

This tells me that my running has not only adapted to how I feel, but I can subconsciously correct for the changing Garmin inaccuracies along the route! (Is that a skill worth putting on a resume? I could phrase it something like, "Keen awareness of universe" or "Sensitive to environment").

However, this run is a good reminder for me though. My wedding anniversary is July 26 (7/26) so looking at my splits I am reminded that I better start planning something! Every year previous I never got sweet reminders like I did tonight. Or maybe I did - I just was not in tune with my environment to hear/see them? Perhaps I do need to update my resume...

A+

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here's a number for you to "run" with - 7.18....10....7.18....10....7.18! :)