Tuesday, July 29, 2008

July 22 - Saskatoon Farm

Just next to my parent's house is (arguably) one of Okotoks' top attractions - The Saskatoon Farm. What Okotoks is really known for and is, infact, named after is The Big Rock. The Big Rock is the largest known glacial erratic in the world and is actually what inspired the name of this area given by the Blackfoot Indians (read the link for more details!).

But, we cannot go to a place for tea and biscuits until we have eaten a good breakfast at home...right?! Here we are on my parents patio enjoying some breakfast outside. Please note that Jennie and I made a special coffee run in town to get our favorite brands. Jennie still supports the evil empire...it is a constant topic of discussion with our councellor!!


After breakfast, and before the Saskatoon Farm, dad and I decided we better discuss our latest geological and geophysical problems. "Ahhh grasshopper...you have so much to learn!"

Here we are at the Saskatoon farm. Some recent hail destroyed all of mom and dad's hanging baskets so we thought we better get some replacements.

I guess mom did not raise me very well - here she is hard at work while I am pointing out the fact that she is, indeed, hard at work! Be careful mom, do not let that fall on you!

Here is dad with the baskets we chose. Why I am making all these old people do all this heavy lifting around me?! (this face is similar to dad's white water rafting face!)


Oh yeah - ran again today! Ran 6.32 miles at an average pace of 7:19 min/mile. It actually felt kind of good. Oh yeah, I guess I do like running! The run was totally required since you can clearly see from the above pictures that no "cross-training" was done or even attempted!

Lovin' being at home!

1 comment:

Gaslight ;-) said...

Good God those are some big baskets! Sheesh. Your poor mother.

So you and dad are dueling geologists?

Do they have oil in Canada?