Saturday, May 31, 2008

Chill Saturday

So far today I have managed to exactly 5 things:
1. Pilates: 8am - 9am
2. Breakfast: The usual ... you know, croissants, pain au chocolat, fruit and yogurt
3. Nap
4. Run - 6.5 miles
5. Eat (again)

Yep, another exciting day in Paris! As I type this I have to ask myself, 'do I take living in Paris for granted?' I really do not think that I do, I cannot be go,go, go all the time like Joe-Tourist who has exactly 4 days to see centuries of history, architecture, and other cultural highlights. Instead, after a long week of work I typically need a day to plug in the rechargeable batteries so that I can do it all over again!

My run at Bois de Bolougne went as follows:
7:41/7:31/7:28/7:26/7:27/7:11/7:10 (last 0.5 miles) min/mile

Jennie left for a walk before I left for my run. I met up with her after my run at the edge of the Bois de Bolougne. And after several days of here telling me that she nevers sees trannys out in the park and was curious has to how I always seemed to bump into them, she greets me with, "I saw 2 trannys today!! I cannot believe that they are out here on a Saturday afternoon with the families and kids." C'est la vie I guess. Plus, I guess everyone has different circadian rythyms so, why not Saturday afternoon?!
Tranny total = 12

Ok, time for some napping/French homework!

Peace out homies!

2 comments:

Koza said...

Im definitely disappointed in the Friday night lack of trannies. Good thing I booked my ticket out of Paris on Thursday...

The big news of the day is a new PR in a 5K. It was the Impact a Hero event this morning. I volunteered so I was up at 3:30 and there by 4:30 (yes a.m.). I ran a 22:28, but figure the 3:30 am wake up call subtracts a good 30 secs. I started out at a blistering pace, managed to pull it back a bit before the first mile. I kept the second mile strong but faded towards the end of number 2. The Koza finish was strong as usual. Here are my splits 6:52, 7:17, 7:38. This results in an almost 4 minute improvement over last years race. Cant wait for the fall and cool dry temps to really go low.

I plan on getting out and running some easy miles tonight as well.

Anonymous said...

Scott, you could have stayed another day. David said that he avoided the tranny hotspots on Friday. Maybe he taught them a lesson earlier in the week about collecting payment BEFORE rendering services?

Anyway, I don't want to be left out on posting my running activity for the day. I opted out of the 5K's this morning and instead ran 12 miles easy (7:28 avg pace per Garmin) in George Bush Park. I did well to retain the fajitas and margaritas from last night. 5 miles left to hit the 48 on the schedule for this week.

Scott, congrats on the 5K PR this morning. That confirms the VDOT 44.

Now that you are rested, there will be a long run tomorrow David?

-Andrew