Thursday, May 29, 2008

Bois de Boulogne - Easy

Ok boys,

After yesterdays first attempt at track, today's plan was to have a nice, easy recovery run. Well, it really depends on what standard you want to use of whether or not you would call this a 'recovery' run or an 'easy-hard' run or an 'intense-easy' run. If I go religiously by Mr. Jack Daniels, then today was probably and 'intense-easy' run (Or otherwise known as a typical Strider run!!!). But, semantics aside, the run felt great and I could still feel my legs looking for a little speed (that perhaps they missed from shortening the speed session from last night).

I ran 8 miles and they shook up as follows:
7:29, 7:17, 7:20, 7:17, 7:17, 7:14, 7:16, 7:16 min/mile
AVERAGE: 7:18 min/mile

Weekly Total: 24 miles

Running in the Bois de Boulogne, especially in the evening hours always makes for an interesting run. For the most part, I just see other more serious runners, loads of bunnies out along the path munching away on whatever it is that they have been craving all day, and a few transvestites advertising their "wares". Yes, you did read that last sentence correctly, the tranny's sort of have a bit of a reputation of hanging out in the Bois de Boulogne. Now, if Bois de Boulogne were not so close to chez moi and if it were not such a great park to run in, then perhaps I would look for someplace different to run. But, it is and, it is, so I find myself running every night trying to avoid their catcalls, flashing, kissing sounds, and whatever else they decide to do in hopes that I might "take a break" from my run. So, why do I mention this? I figured I will start a tranny counter (once I figure out how) and see how many there are in the wonderful Bois de Boulogne!

Tranny Count: 9
Total: 9

On a different, but somewhat related theme (stay with the story, it will become clearer later), I borrowed my wife's Ipod to run with today and found myself starting my run with one of her all-time favorite songs: Meatloaf's, I would do anything for love. Part of the chorus sings as follows:

"I would do anything for love, but I won't do that....ohh no, I won't do that"

That line got me thinking, what would I NOT do for love? I started going through a laundry list of items, scenarios, etc and I could not think of anything...until my thoughts somehow managed to settle on the tent scene in Broke Back Mountain. Ok Meatloaf, I do agree, I won't do that!
And would you believe that the last song that I listened to during my run (and keeping consistent with this theme) was George Michael's "Faith"....I guess I could have easily re-titled this post, but whatever!

Ok boys, I hope your running is going well in the heat...I think I forgot to mention that today was nearly ideal conditions!

2 comments:

Koza said...

Minken, this is one of your greatest ideas yet! Its great to be able to open up your blog at work and read about trannies!

Seriously though, I thought you were going somewhere else with your Meatloaf story. I guess you "failed" to mention you dont go with trannies, in addition to cowboys in tents...

You know, a pretty exciting game at Terry Hershey Park can be to guess if the bike rider is male or female from a good distance away. I know Andrew will now be doing playing the game everytime he runs. Seriously, its pretty tough considering what bike shorts and shirts can hide!

Andrew got me onto the track for an interval workout and it was pretty tough considering Ive been doing the Kenyan Way hills and speed a few weeks now. I took yesterday off from the run because my hamstrings have been a bit sore. Ive got an easy 8 mi tonight planned, lets hope the rain holds off.

Keep your wits and wares about you...

michelle said...

High-Five Bud! You got the whole blog thing up and running (get it - "running"!) You're mega intense so the whole title is rather fitting. Cool. So far so good....