Monday, December 1, 2008

Dec.1: Blog Motivation?

When I first started out writing this little electronic running journal, referred to as a "blog", I thought that it would be something that I would look back upon when I needed motivation and go, 'Oh yeah, I totally rocked that workout!' or something like, "Man, I grinded through that run - what an accomplishment!". But instead I find myself going, "Daaaammmmnnnnn...that workout sucked! I cannot believe I actually did that?!" and then saying, "Who would ever WILLINGLY do something like that?!!"

Well, I guess I did! And here I find myself again staring down the barrel of another training season looking for a little motivation to do it all over again! Thank you to my main man Andrew (aka JD, aka White Gebrselassie) for reminding me that Phase I of my Prague training officially started 1 week ago! Phase 1 of training is nothing complex - just run, run easy, and start building up to 35-40 miles/week after 6 weeks. Last week was week 1 and I did 0 miles! But I am not too worried because that is exactly how I started my Berlin training! I think I am like a locomotive...I am a very slow starter, but once I start generating a little steam, you better get off the tracks! Chuga-chuga, chuga-chuga, chooo-choo!

Week 2 has started a little better - I ran 6 miles today as follows:
7:31, 7:31, 7:15, 7:13, 7:14, 7:09 min/mile

I have also decided that since this is a new training season that I will discontinue my tranny count. The decision is based on the fact that some people are starting to find my blog based on 'tranny google' queries. I find that we runner's are a wierd enough batch as it is that we do not need to complicate the issue by adding the tranny lover's clique!

I am still undecided as to what my goals will be for Prague. I had stated earlier that I would like to qualify for New York using my marathon time, but I have some other plans of what I want to do while here in Paris. They are not at all running related, but they do require me to be in shape. They would not allow me to train as I would require. I am not going to get stressed about making any decision now - I have 5 weeks of easy running to figure out what my commitment level will be for Prague.

A+

No comments: