Friday, December 5, 2008

Dec. 5: Perfect Running Weather

You know that it is perfect running weather when you leave the house wearing shorts, a long sleeve technical shirt, and light gloves and are mildly cold for the first mile...when you return you have a just a little bit of sweat percolating from your hair and you can still see your breath. These phenomenal conditions were enjoyed for 6 miles as follows:

7:17, 7:19, 7:12, 7:13, 6:57, 6:25 min/mile

The last mile is a bit of false advertising - I started the mile with ~400m of 'strides' then I recovered the rest of the way home.

Today while I was running I suddenly realized that in 2 weeks from today I will be leaving Paris to meet my family in England for Christmas. I started getting really excited about all the things that we would do! I found that the thing that I am looking most forward to is joining my brother on his longest long run before his first marathon in Houston! I am really looking forward to having someone else in the family who will fully understand the struggle, the pain, and the accomplishment of the marathon!

That is all for tonight...I am totally hooked on Prison Break!

A+

No comments: