Saturday, December 6, 2008

Dec.6: Oh Christmas Tree

We are just in the process of putting up our Christmas tree, drinking red wine, and acting important so I will keep this short. I ran again tonight...another 6 miles in crisp, cool, and near perfect conditions as follows:

7:21, 7:17, 7:02, 6:51, 6:26, 6:36 min/mile

I started throwing in a few strides in the last 2 miles. The time and duration of each stride was dependent on when I could see that traffic light ahead of me and how confident I felt that I would be able to beat it!

This week has felt really great so far for running. I hate the fact that I have to build up to 40+ mile weeks again when just 2 months ago 60 mile weeks were something that just seemed to happen naturally. Patience is not one of my strong suites, which explains my splits this week being faster than intended, but I am trying desperately to reign the horses in until it is time to open the chutes...at any rate, I am enjoying having consistent running back into my routine.

Time to go, I think that this whine is starting two get too mee...ef im not care full I mite start makeing sum tairible spilling mestakes.

Z-

1 comment:

Sonia said...

Thanks for the tip on cleaning my chain, seems real easy when you write it.... I'll do it tomorrow. I have the products, I just didn't know how to actually 'do it'!

That's one thing about running, taking some time off (because of injury or else) means starting back at square 1 (not really really one) but still. Got build up slowly to avoid injury! You're doing great, you're real fast too. Holy smokes!

Enjoy drinking wine and putting up the Christmas tree!