Sunday, December 7, 2008

Dec. 7: Trente Miles cette semaine

After beaucoup amounts of wine last night, sleeping in past 10am, and after writing Christmas cards, I went our for a very uninspiring 6 miles. The only reason why I peeled my lazy butt off of the couch and into the cold, foggy elements was because my goal was to run 30 miles this week and as of this morning I was 6 short. If I am going to run another marathon I better start thinking seriously about building a base again! Actually, "thinking" about it is not this right word to use, I better just friggin' do it!

So, I am back our warm place, enjoying our massively large, Texas-sized 3 foot tall Christmas tree (heavy sarcasm)...but I am truely enjoying it! I could look at a Christmas tree all day...I find it very mesmorising and peaceful...kinda like a sweet, sweet rock garden!

I am a little bummed that we had to go back to using our first artificial tree from our earlier years...I much prefer the big, live ones that you can smell from a block away. With our travel schedule this year it just is not practical. But it really is not about the tree itself, it is about who you enjoy the tree with, isn't it?

My 6 uninspired miles were as follows:
7:30, 7:16, 7:18, 7:10, 7:09, 7:06 min/mile

TOTAL WEEKLY MILEAGE: 30 miles (goal: 30-32)

I am looking forward to doing it all again this week (goal: 30-34).

A+

1 comment:

Sonia said...

Ah nothing wrong with drinking beaucoup de wine! That is one of my favorite activity!

Good job getting out the door being all dehydrated lol