Friday, December 12, 2008

Dec.12: 1 week until Christmas Va-cay

It is pretty sweet that I only have 1 week of work left before 2 weeks off for Christmas va-cay! Boy how time flies! I was also thinking today out on my run how we are almost at the shortest day of the year already! It seemed just like yesterday that I was enjoying running at 9pm with the sun still up, and now I am already enjoying the sunset every "night" at work at 4:45pm!

Right now we are watching the Grinch. What kind of product to you think the Who's use to keep their hair styled? Their hair is always perfect and some of the styles need some serious glue to keep them intact. Anyhow, we are at the point where the Who's realize that all of their gifts are gone but continue to celebrate Christmas anyhow much to the Grinch's bewilderment.

"And he puzzled three hours, till his puzzler was sore.
Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before!
Maybe Christmas he thought, doesn't come from a store.
Maybe Christmas...perhaps...means a little bit more!"

Tonight I managed to run 7 1/4 miles as follows:
7:25, 7:25, 7:19, 7:18, 7:17, 7:11, 6:25 min/mile

Right now my absolute favorite song to run to is John Mayer's "Say" . Actually, it is just one of my favorite songs - but when you are just running, reflecting, and in your own solitude, it is just the perfect song to propel one leg infront of the other.


A+

1 comment:

Sonia said...

BTW you said you lived in the USA for a while and not knowing Oprah... where you living in a bubble? ;-)

I like that song too, not sure it would be enough beat to get me going while I run though.