Monday, December 1, 2008

Dec.1: Christmas Blog

So my sister has started this initiative in my family that we have to 'scrapbook' one page per day from Dec.1 - Dec.25 and create a little Christmas 2008 Book. The idea is that over the years we can see the themes of Christmas, our celebrations, what moved us, etc (I think that this is the point of this exercise...when she starts talking all 'artsy' with me, my eyes kind of glaze over like a nice honey-baked ham and I drift into a walking coma of sorts).

In Paris there are two major department stores (Galleries LaFayette and Printemps) that have extremely elaborate window displays (like Macy's in New York). The displays are timed to music, have moving components, and are generally themed. Below was one of my favorites of a bunch of 'men' flying too and landing on the moon. What made this display so cool for me was that there was one little guy that would stop what he was doing every 5 seconds or so and just flex his bi-ceps...I thought it was hilarious!



What is also pretty cool is that each window had a little walkway specially built for the little kids so they could climb up, press their little runny noses against the windows, and watch open-jawed as the little store window tickled their imaginations and fantasies! When the little kids were around I think I enjoyed watching them more than the windows!

A+

No comments: