Sunday, November 30, 2008

Nov. 29: Bievenue a Paris Papa!

Today was my dad's first full day in Paris so we decided to show him all the main highlights, L'arc de Triomphe, Champs Alysee, Louvre (including Mona Lisa, Venus de Milo, and my favorite painting - The Raft of Medussa), Eiffle Tower, then dinner at Montmartre. The best way to see all of this is by, of course, bike!
Dad, Jennie, and my sister getting ready to cruise!


My sister, dad, and Jennie approaching the L'arc de Triomphe. Dad wants you to take note of his Lance Armstrong form (He says that you will just have to trust him that his yellow jersey is under his warmup jacket!)
Dad and I at the L'arc de Triomphe.
Me infront of "The Raft of Medussa" at the Louvre. This is one of my top 2 paintings in the Louvre. That speck in the bottom right corner is me (for scale!). I do not have time as to why I love this picture...we will have to save that for another post.
My sister, Jennie, and I crossing the Pont de La Carrousel...the top of the Eiffel Tower is in the background.


The Eiffel Tower - lit blue to represent the blue of the EU flag (12 gold stars are on the other side, which makes the Tower look like the EU flag)


The Eiffel Tower sparkles for 5 minutes at the top of each hour.
Jennie and I in Montmartre - The Sacre Coeur is in the background.
Dad infront of the Moulin Rouge...he was a little disapointed that the dancers were not performing outside today!
A+

2 comments:

Sonia said...

Nice pics! Made me discover Paris a little. Enjoy your family, these visits are always too short!!

Anonymous said...

These pictures bring back good memories! Your Dad looks a lot like Wayne.

How is Phase 1 going?