Sunday, March 8, 2009

March 8: Great Weekend!

This weekend took a little time to build momentum (and I generally do not have a lot of time for a weekend to get firing on all cylinders since I really only have 48 hours to work with), but once it did it settled into another enjoyable weekend with hints of spring all around. In fact, I made a promise to myself that I would take note of the very first bud I saw on a tree this year so that I would not find myself saying (like I do almost everytime the season changes), "Man, I cannot believe all the leafs are already on the trees! When did this happen?!" Saturday, March 7, I can proclaim that spring officially started for Paris as I witnessed several blooming buds along my run! I ran a little over 10 miles on my "first day of spring run" as follows:

7:12, 7:09, 6:33, 6:31, 7:02, 6:58, 6:24, 6:14, 7:08, 6:42 min/mile

Miles 3 and 4 can be explained because I just ate a baguette, a tartlette aux pommes, and a grand bouteille d'eau as I was changing into my running clothes prior to my run. I was cramping up pretty badly in the first two miles as my food was still getting acquainted with my stomach. So I decided a couple 400m bursts should smartin' things up and get my system refocused on the task at hand. Miles 7 and 8 on the other hand were just letting my legs go...they just kept accelerating and I just strapped in and hung on for the ride! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I think I had a little extra energy as I was cooped up at work for most of the day and I was just delighted to get out before the sun set!

After the run Jennie and I headed over to a friends for games night! We played Ticket to Ride: Europe and had a blast! I love this game! If you are into games and you want to break out of the Monopoly genre of games, I definitely recommend this one for a very enjoyable night! (If you are looking for a 2 player game - buy this and get the Swiss Map expansion, which is ideal for 2-3 players).

Today I capitalized on a 3 hour sunny break and ran 13.25 miles as follows:

7:21, 7:21, 7:04, 7:03, 7:04, 7:13, 7:05, 7:03, 7:02, 6:57, 6:50, 6:53, 7:15 min/mile

It was pouring rain this morning and is raining again now. But the window inbetween allowed me to enjoy the sun (this is definitely a luxury in Paris during this time of year) and stomp through mud puddles. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! And for my cousin that is reading, I do not have any new numbers to add to your chalkboard at home...still too early for that kind of action! (Or maybe because today is the sabbath they were taking a day of rest!)

If I rewind back to beginning of the weekend it was also my sister's birthday. Bon Anniversaire B!

A+

ps - Jon - saw your video - Classic! (I hope you do not wash your hand for a week!)

No comments: