Wednesday, March 4, 2009

March 4: Nerd Night

So how can you make a group of 3 guys consisting of 2 geophysicists and 1 IT guy sound even nerdier? Put a Risk board between the 3 of them on a Tuesday night and let them battle each other for global domination into the wee hours of the morning! I have not played Risk in 7 years (I used to play it all the time in grad school and the wife does not have the 'motivation' to learn!), so I was really amped yesterday to have a loooooong overdue boyz night. (If you are intersted, I won!).

My late night festivities meant that I had to run in the morning. I did just that as I ran 7 miles to the Opera, along the Champs Alysee, past the arc de triomphe, then back home. I averaged a 7:05 min/mile pace.

Tonight I ran another 7.25 miles as follows:
7:09, 7:08, 6:26, 6:48 (deliberate back-off), 5:48 (deliberate acceleration), 6:49, 6:43 min/mile

Tonight's run felt great. I played with pace a little and pushed during mile 5 for the sole purpose of feeling lactic acid coarse through my veins...it has been a long time since I have felt that, and like any junkie I need my fix!

Oh yeah, I did 10.1 miles on Sunday.

A+

2 comments:

Karoline said...

Wow. That is nerdy! ;) Thanks for NOT including pictures...

Bert said...

Running along the Champs Alysee, past the Arc de Triomphe... How do you get around the traffic circle at the Arc de Triomphe? I would be skerred doing that even in a car. Sounds like a pretty nice route though!