Tuesday, March 10, 2009

March 10: Pin Cushion

The last couple of days I have been spending a little time down in the company infirmery getting poked and prodded to get up to date with all my vaccinations and what not before my stint in Nigeria. I feel a little like a pin cushion. Everyday for my morning break I walk down there, roll up both my sleeves and let them poke away. I do not even know if they are injecting fluids or taking fluids anymore...hmmmm, maybe I should be paying more attention?! (If I see an improvement in my running I will suspect that someone gave me "the clear").

Speaking of Nigeria, I was actually supposed to be there this week for some meetings. However, I was told by my company that they were waiting on the Nigerian Embassy for my visa. After some further investigation, it turns out that the people in charge of this sort of thing (in my company) never even sent my application to the embassy to begin with! Apparently my request did not have "avec urgence" written on it, so they decided to not do anything at all. Now, I could let something like this ruin my day but it WILL happen again in the future on something much more important so I, instead, went for a nice 7.5 mile run as follows:

7:30, 7:21, 7:20, 7:08, 7:14, 7:09, 7:06, 6:52 (last 1/2 mile) min/mile

A+

No comments: