Monday, February 23, 2009

Feb.23: If I could turn back time..

Today I was out running and with a big smile on my face. I was remembering some great times with my two main Drukens. So, do not ask me why, but the video below is a special shoutout, or toast if you will to my boyz. And if you do not understand consider yourself normal!


I ended up running 8 miles today as follows:
7:34, 7:15, 7:16, 7:10, 7:06, 6:30, 7:16 (going into recovery mode), 6:35 (because recovery mode suddenly seemed really boring) min/mile

On other news I recently found out that I will be moving to Nigeria by the end of this summer. What does that mean for me and my running and this running blog? Well, 2 things for sure:

1. Please bookmark this blog and check it periodically after I move. I will use it as my outlet to drop clues and subtle hints as to where I am and how my captors are treating me once I am kidnapped. I will use the next few months to start developing clever codes so that my captors will not get wise to me! Here is my first clever code: WHAT WAS I THINKING WHEN I AGREED TO MOVE TO NIGERIA?!!! Will mean, of course, life is great, please come and visit!

2. My 6 mile running routes will now be 12 mile running routes as I will be running in a zig-zag or serpentine pattern to avoid getting caught in the sniper's scope for any extended period of time. Army rolls will be executed every 100m's....just because.

A+

6 comments:

Jennie said...

Good sales pitch David, count me in! I am coming with you.
Hope you don't mind my cher impersonations, I now have that song stuck in my head.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you guys are moving so soon... but I have good news! It's not quite that hard to come visit your FAV relatives when coming from Lagos (and it's not a crap airline either)!!!

LOS to IAH: < 17 hrs, w 1 layover in Hotlanta

LOS to PER: ~20 hrs, w 1 layover in Dubai

Check out my new fav airline site (you can sign in as guest): http://matrix.itasoftware.com/cvg/dispatch/login

Hope that encourages you guys to visit sooner than later... if you can't, then feel free to send Jennie. =)

Anonymous said...

Good times, indeed! I do feel like a druken with running like I am these days. The Koza and I crossed paths out on the trails this week for the first time since September.

If I get a call where I hear a series of clicks followed by silence, maybe it is not the phone company? Just David practicing his new native African tribal language!

Bill Blancett said...

Don't worry David. You'll become used to being taken hostage. It happens at least once a month. Kind of like a fire drill of sorts. Alarm sounds, you go out to the halls, this time with armed gunmen. Once money is exchanged you go back to your desk. Business as usual.

Good luck,
Bill

Sam said...

Wow... good luck with the move... and dodging the sniper scope can only make you a stronger runner maybe. I certainly don't have army rolls included in my training.... dang it. I'll have to see how this does for you and see if I need to incoporate it.

Sonia said...

Drukens or Drunkens? lol

Woah Nigeria.... you're quite the traveler. Good luck in your new endevours!