Sunday, February 22, 2009

Feb.22: No More Vacancy

For the past week I have been providing free room and board to Slimer and his offspring in my nasal cavity. I tried to capture him with multiple attempts with my proton pack but he has remained pretty much elusive. So I have pretty much spent all of last week living in a fog while working, then coming home to sleep and do nothing.

On a less pathetic note, as luck would have it I started to feel better on Friday afternoon, just around 4pm (you do not suppose that there was any mental component in my illness, do you?!) So the wife met me for dinner and we went to see The Wrestler. It is a fairly slow moving story, but it is very real and powerful about a washed-up pro-wrestler who is still living in the past amongst his old glory days. (Yeah, whoever thought that I would ever say "real" and "pro-wrestler" in the same sentence!). But I can certainly see why Mickey Rourke is up for Best Actor...very compelling indeed!

On Saturday I actually decided to run! Wow...miracles do happen! I ran 8 miles sans Garmin. I felt like I was running with only 1/2 of my normal lung capacity. It was almost embarrasing because I felt like I was breathing extremely heavy for the effort that I was exerting. Nothing like sounding like a wounded water buffalo giving birth to siamese twins just to jog across the street. But I was just happy to be moving and finally had the energy to run.

We finished the day by seeing Walkerie (or Valkerie I believe it is called in the states) with Tom Cruise. I quite enjoyed the movie - I did not think that there was any WOW factor, but I enjoy movies that show me a different perspective of things that I never really gave any consideration to before.

Today I did another 8 miles and felt much better. I averaged ~ 7:15 min/mile and felt much less labored than yesterday. The exercise is definitely helping clear things up. This week I should be back to normal!

A+

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude -
Triple O. It will get rid of all that junk and you'll feel like a million bucks. Quit trying to be a tough guy - jump on the band wagon - it's never too late! :)