Saturday, June 13, 2009

June 13: Mixed Bag O' Nuts

Well, to start I am back in Paris and I must say that I have a new appreciation for every tree that I walk by, every patch of grass I can lay out on, every footstep I take outside without fear of being run over...ok, I take back that last comment - we are in Paris afterall and the Parisian drivers are notorius for their "pedestrian friendly" driving style.

For those of you who are interested, we did get apartment #1! This is awesome as I totally disliked my other two choices. When the HR lady asked me to rank the 3 apartments I told her, "Apartment #1 is my top choice, so I give it a 1. The other 2 are 4's". She replied, "But I need you to rank them in order 1, 2, and 3 so I can compare your choices to other people's choices and then I can try to make everybody happy." So I replied, "I know. My ranking stands". Jennie calls moments like these my "little Dougie moments" but sometimes you have to be firm and assertive.

In other news I can finally check off "Take a picture of a UFO" from my 100 things to do before I die list. The other day I was taking pictures outside of our window (as usual) and I noticed something floating in the bottom right hand corner of the picture. Excited I yelled, "Jennie, Jennie - I have photographed a UFO! Call Roswell! Call the Enquirer! Come Quick!"



I took another photo immediately after for comparison.
Although Jennie thinks it is a helicopter, I stand by my initial assessment. Further corroborating evidence was provided the next morning when I woke up sore. I won't say where I was sore, but all indications suggest that I was probed....
Today I had my first real run in over 9 weeks. I ran 7 miles and concluded that I am out of shape.
A+

1 comment:

Not Convinced said...

Upon closer inspection, I think it might be a black fly!