Saturday, January 9, 2010

Jan. 9: Great Excuse

Today Jennie informed me that her and the future milk junkie where going to go and get a pedicure. Her and I both agree that it will be best for me to stay "north of the border" during the delivery (being Canadian, this only seems appropriate) yet we both know that we will be looking anxiously and expectedly towards the south during the sweat session.

So what exactly will our vantage point offer? I imagine that I will see a doctor wearing a full face mask, similar to that of a welder, looking back in our general direction (I am hoping that there will not be a lot of small talk because that would just be a little awkard). Then I am hoping everything else is covered (we do want to have another later you know!). But it is possible that her toes might be peeping out from under the covers - thus the importance of getting a pedicure.

So there you have it. That is quite possibly the best excuse I have ever heard from the wife as to why a getting a pedicure is important. Like most discussions with a pregnant woman she, of course, is completely right.

Now I just need her to keep the baby prisoner for one more week. The scene from Wedding Crashers comes to mind...lock it up Jennie.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

TMI David...TMI!

Anonymous said...

It gets to a certain point that you really don't give a (insert appropriate swear word here) about what your toes, pedicure, manicure, surroundings or anything else looks like. All I can say is do exactly what Jennie says. Good Luck!
From Michelle Minken (not your sister, the other one)