Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Jan. 19: What's New...?

I arrived back in Calgary on Saturday, January 16 just in time (for the baby?) to take Jennie out for the 'last supper'. I thought it would be nice to take my lady out for a date before having to worry about baby sitters or sucking up to the grandparents and in-laws for free child care.



Since my arrival we have just been passing time waiting for the baby. We have gotten no end of advice as to how to induce labor. So we have been taking vigorous walks, eating spicy food, and...ahem...ahem...but still nothing. Our time to be alone together is growing longer everyday. Not that that is a bad thing, it just means one less day that daddy gets to spend with baby. :(
We have played a few games (Schottentoten).
We saw the 2010 Vancouver Olympic mascots as the Olympic torch passed through Calgary. This is me with Quatchi at the Olympic Plaza.
And here I am getting ready to strut with Miga.
Miga and I dancing down Stephen Avenue Mall together.
As a side note, I have to say Miga was certainly my favorite mascot. Originally (on paper) I liked Quatchi the best but after seeing his costume I am not at all impressed. He looks like a hairy ghost from pack-man. The costume looks like shag carpet draped over a giant egg. Whereas I thought Miga was really cute.
While walking home from the festivities we enjoyed the Olympic torch that was lit on top of the Calgary Tower. This torch was lit every day during the Calgary Olympics in 1988 so it was really neat to see it lit up again.
We also enjoyed Jennie's first serious contraction. There was only one, but at least I finally feel that we are starting to move in the right direction!
We will keep you posted (hopefully sooner than later)....

No comments: