Thursday, January 21, 2010

Jan. 20: 41 weeks and counting...

Today we went to the hospital for Jennie's 41 week ultrasound. The point of this ultrasound is to make sure that the baby is still healthy and thriving. If the answer is no, then induction is seriously discussed. If the answer is yes, then you keep waiting. We are still waiting...

Infact, the doctor said the baby is doing perfectly well and is perfectly happy hanging out (in?) with mom. The tech also took a few measurements to estimate the baby's weight. Let's just say that poor Jennie has a little (big?) tank growing inside her right now. After hearing the estimated weight of the baby I have noticed a heightened level of fear and a tremble in her voice.

I told her that she should also ask what the diameter of the baby's head will be too because I imagine that will be pretty significant information for her to know as well. Given the estimated weight of the baby I can only imagine how much of that is certified Minken Melon. Strangely she did not seem to think that was quite as funny as I did...

In light of all this new information, we are not sure how this baby can possibly make it through the front door. The sunroof might be the only option!

The highlight for me was seeing an image of the baby's face. You could see the little pudgy cheeks, pug nose, and just a little bit of hair growing. Jennie thinks that the baby looks like me. I guess we will just have to wait a little longer to find out.

2 comments:

Pony and Petey said...

I've known several women who swear by cod-liver oil and brisk walking for getting labor started.

I'm glad you're there with Jennie and we're so anxious to hear about Baby M's arrival!

We thought of ya'll tonight as we were driving up Hwy 6...saw a Honda that had a Calgary Honda sticker on the back...just like the one on Jennie's car that's now mom's car!

Funny to think about there being 2 cars in Houston from the same car dealer in Canada...

TX Runner Mom said...

I just found your blog...congrats on the upcoming arrival of your little one! I'm not help with how to get labor going, both of my kids wanted to stay past their due date!