Thursday, July 16, 2009

July 16: 500 Euros a slide

So, I am sitting here in Lagos, Nigeria waiting for my driver to take me to the armed shuttle, which will take me to the airport to return back to Paris tonight. It seems as though I have just arrived in Lagos (last night) and here I am already leaving! The point is that I had to present a few slides to some people. In my downtime I calculated how much it cost the company to have me present these slides (see the title of the post) and it hardly seems worth it. And trust me, what I had to say was definitely not worth that at all! ...oh well, extra air miles I guess.

Speaking of airmiles, when I was returning from London on Monday the customs officer had to flip through my passport twice before he found an appropriate empty spot to stamp. Considering that my passport is still less than two years old and that I already have to get a new one because it is full tells me that I have been spending a little too much time on trains and planes these past few years!

Tomorrow I am back in the office until my vacay officially starts on Saturday. I will start my vacation by watching the Tour de France climb its way through the rugged Alps. If you are watching the tour on TV, just watch for a streaker running infront of the peloton. I will try to keep things updated as they happen, but no gaurantees.

And with that, the real TTR champion is on his way back to Paris!

A+

1 comment:

Still "THE" Champ said...

Bud - Two wins hardly make you the TTR Champ. It's a title that you must earn through repeated wins back to back, to back.

I give you "Weekend TTR Champ" - but "c'mon" - a true Champ has more than 2 wins under his belt!! :)

Don't forget to rock the Alps in the new gear....