Sunday, December 27, 2009

Dec. 27: Vivid dream and a little running

I had the most vivid dream on Christmas Eve. I dreamt that I was logging on to my email and I saw that I received an email from my lady. The subject of the email was, "So the baby is scheduled". I opened the email and read, "We are going in to have the baby on January 18 at 3- to 4- pm."

Since I will not be arriving home until January 16 (and the baby is due on January 12) perhaps it is my sub-conscieous trying to will the baby to stay a little longer with mommy before I get home? (Jennie says that she is going to keep her legs crossed until I get home. I told her that if she kept her legs crossed in the first place then, perhaps, we would not be in this situation to begin with...!) Or perhaps I have crazy pyschic abilities?! I guess we will know in a few weeks!

In other news I have actually done some running outside this past week. I am still trying to decide what I hate the least. The overwhelming heat and humidity of running outside in Nigeria, or the mind-numbing process of running on the treadmill. Anything that breaks up the daily routine of living in a "secure" (hmmmm....gaurded anyhow) place is good I suppose.

I am authorized to do outdoor activity on Banana Island. It is almost exactly a 4 mile loop. I did 4 miles yesterday and 6 today. It has been a while since I have lived in Houston and my body is not at all used to working in these weather conditions. Well, who am I kidding - my body really isn't used to working at all these days!

And here it is...(oh my goodness I thought he lost it)...a garmin image of my run today!

2 comments:

Pony and Petey said...

I thought maybe you would do a longest long run in solidarity with your Strider-buds over here = )

Glad you were able to get outside to run. I have to count down every minute I'm on the dreadmill...just waiting until I can stop...

Adam Stewart said...

Well it makes for a rather funny Google maps image. Maybe you can try zigzagging across the streets and spelling "HELP" next time.

I hope the best for you Jenny, and the baby. Let's see a sub 3 hour stroller marathon in the future!

Adam